Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Eat Your Vegetables Damnit!

Last week Cafe Brenda in downtown Minneapolis closed, so Alex (my partner-in-crime for all things food-related) decided we needed to go while we had a chance. It was started by Brenda Langton, who is very involved in the local food movement and started the Mill City Farmers Market, and has been around for 23 years. I had a wonderful sweet potato soup followed by mock duck tacos and Alex had sesame crusted fish and gobbled up the fresh bread. It was a lovely dinner, but perhaps my favorite part was when we got our checks:

Cafe Brenda

Hah.

That is it for now. I do have another recipe-centered entry on its way, but not enough time before work to share it with you now. Although, I did just eat lunch and highly recommend quinoa drizzled with walnut oil and mixed with parmesan cheese. Super easy and delicious. And in case you were wondering, the persimmons are still not ripe. Persimmon pudding will be mine someday...

1 comment: