Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Miso Yellow Onion Salad Dressing

I invented a recipe!

And by that, I mean that I became obsessed with the onion miso salad dressing at the salad bar at the Seward Coop & Deli, so I assembled all the ingredients listed on their little bottle and put them in made up quantities in my food processor.

I did not write down what I put in so only the powers that be really know, but I will urge you to be adventurous and do the same. I usually find it difficult to stray from a recipe, so this was exciting, in a nerdy food-and-recipe-loving way. Luckily it turned out well, miso ain't cheap.

Miso Yellow Onion Salad Dressing
(Inspired by the Seward Coop & Deli)

1 medium yellow onion
Miso
Canola Oil
Red Wine Vinegar
Water

Peel the onion and chop in half. Use about 1/4 cup miso. A smidge of oil and vinegar, and 1/4 to 1/3 cup water. Blend. 

Put onto salad. Enjoy.

1 comment: