Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tempeh Curry

Tempeh Curry

I had never had tempeh before making this recipe a couple weeks ago, but now I'm hooked. I've made this dish again since then. It's fast, easy, and delicious and makes great leftovers. I used fingerling potatoes, they are my favorite. I was also excited to use tumeric, which may or may not be the best thing for you ever.

Tempeh Curry
(adapted from 101 Cookbooks)

1 1/2 cups fingerling potatoes (you can use any small, waxy potatoes)
2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 tsp whole cumin seeds
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tumeric (I doubled the amount)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup canned diced tomatoes
3/4 cup water
8oz tempeh
Cream
Cilantro

Fingerling Potatoes

Cut the potatoes in half, sprinkle with half the salt, and steam for about 20 minutes or until done.

In a skillet, melt the butter into the olive oil, then add the onion and cook on low for about 5 minutes. Add the spices, then the water, tomatoes, and the rest of the salt. Remove from heat, stir in a bit of cream, then blend in a food processor. Return to the heat and add the tempeh, sliced. Cook for 5 minutes, then stir in potatoes and serve in a large bowl.

Tempeh Curry


No comments:

Post a Comment